Wednesday, December 19, 2012

HELP THE ELF: I Found Santa’s Missing Nice List!

When I read about this blogfest on my dear friend Angela and Becca's blog: The Bookshelf Muse, I knew that I just had to take part in this.

Hi everyone! As you may remember, a few weeks ago PETE the Elf had a touch too much Eggnog at the Holiday Christmas Party and as he stumbled home, he lost Santa's NICE LIST.

The North Wind scattered the papers to all four corners of the world, and The Bookshelf Muse put out a call to help find them in order to SAVE CHRISTMAS.

Ever since I read about it, I've been on the lookout. And then today, EUREKA!

Yes that's right...I found part of Santa's missing NICE LIST. There it was, fluttering in the wind, half caught under the corner of my welcome mat. And shock of all shocks, I recognized the names, and I bet you will too.

My heart swelled with happiness when I saw the name of my two awesome crit partners, it did not come as a surprise to me, as I always knew that these two are angels in disguise and there is no way they will not feature on Santa's nice list.

Here it is below:

ImageChef.com


NAME: Mark Noce

LOCATION: Mark Noce Stories

NICE LEVEL: 95.63%

NAUGHTY LEVEL: 5%

OBSERVATIONS: Mark is a great critique partner, he is very generous with his time and he always catches any mistakes I make in my stories. He is critical without being harsh or rude. He is always eager to read any stuff that I write and rewrite. And he gives awesome and insightful feedback. He is a sweet and adorable guy and typical of a guy: he is a man of few words. But each word is worth its weight in gold.
 Psstt..let me tell you a secret. Mark and his wife are going to become parents around Christmas. I am super excited for them.

RECOMMENDATION:     a) Coal                   b) Gift

The second person is:

NAME: Kim Koning

LOCATION: Dragonfly Scrolls

NICE LEVEL: 95.63%

NAUGHTY LEVEL: 27%

OBSERVATIONS: Kim is a wonderful critique partner, she is a very warm and affectionate person. She is eager to help people she considers her friends. Once you win her trust, she will be your friend for life. She is also very undemanding and selfless. She also has the patience of a saint as she has read my book three times and will not think twice before reading it again.
Pstt...let me tell you a secret. Most people mistake her for a model or an actress.

RECOMMENDATION:     a) Coal                   b) Gift

~ ~ * ~ ~

Because poor Pete is dashing all over the place trying to hunt down the rest of Santa's missing Nice List, I decided to take care of this one myself. Mark and Kim, I feel so blessed to know you! Enjoy the gift I sent to your inbox and have a wonderful Christmas! Hugs from me.

Photo credit:
assorted gold baubles (christmasstockimages.com) / CC BY 3.0

How about you, Readers? Is there someone you'd like to say Happy Holidays to, or tell them how much they mean to you? JOIN US! There's plenty of days left until Christmas, and sometimes a kind word can lift people up in a way that they really need. It's as easy as sending a free ecard or email note, posting on a Facebook wall or sending out a tweet. So go ahead and spread some kindness and cheer!
Do take out time to check the other people on the nice list at The Bookshelf Muse.

20 comments:

  1. A beautiful thought, so start with thanking you Rachna and wishing you a merry X mas and happiness in New Year for being supportive to all my writing endeavors:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choices Rachna. Glad you're participating too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS to Mark and Kim for being on Santa's nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Mark and Kim for making it onto Santa's nice list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations to Mark and Kim. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark and Kim sound like great people...no wonder they were on the Nice list! So glad you have found such great critique buddies...Pete asked me to pass on a big thanks for your help!

    Seasons greetings!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd hate to end up on Santa's Naughty List. What a bummer way to end the year. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad they made it to the nice list. Ha. I'm with Stephen. Coal is not a good thing unless it keeps you warm. Ha. Great job, Rachna! See you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! It's nice to give a shout out to great writing friends. And better to land on the nice list...:)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to express your admiration for Mark and Kim! So sweet.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome blogfest! I love the theme. And, uh...was my name on the nice list? I was...pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you're right--these two do sound like angels in disguise!

    I am so glad you have people like this in your life. Where would be without the support of others? I swear, I feel so lucky to be a writer--this community is full of generous people--like you!

    Wishing you all the best this holiday and in the new year, Rachna! Thanks so much for getting involved in Help the Elf!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've enjoyed this blogfest.

    That's awesome that you honored your CPs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great gifts for CP's. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful blogfest. Congrats to Mark too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a find! The find of the century - I hadn't even known he had a nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very glad to be on the good list:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea. I already sent out holiday messages, but I would've done so on my blog if I knew about the nice list.

    ReplyDelete