Friday, July 10, 2015

A Fun Post - Meet my Muse

We writers would be lost without our muses (Inspiration). We put up with all their tantrums, their erratic behaviour of dropping in at the most inopportune times, their mood swings and sometimes their flirty behaviour. All for the sake of getting our stories written.

Just imagine if one day our muses would go away on a long holiday, without a warning. I am sure that would be a nightmare situation for all of us.

I thought I would do a fun post today. I have no idea why, but I have always considered my muse to be a guy. I have given my muse a name, an image and a personality. Today, I will introduce you all to me muse. If my muse were to emerge from the depths of my imagination, he would look like the accompanying picture and embrace all these qualities.

Meet my muse (he is completely a figment of my over active imagination)

Name:  Siddharth (Ever since I came to know that Lord Buddha’s name was Siddharth, I fell in love with this name)

Height : 6 feet tall (it would make my muse close to my dad’s height)

Colour : Fair

Hair : Black.

Body Type : Athletic with a six pack abs.

Profession : I am undecided about this aspect, but I would definitely prefer it if he does something Intellectual (Intelligent guys appeal to me ;) )

Nature : Calm, Supportive and Generous.

Hobbies : Reading, Plays a musical instrument and loves sports (not just watching it on T.V but actually getting all sweaty).

Hope you all enjoyed meeting my muse. Now be good and introduce me to all your muses. Go wild, Go Crazy. Remember to give your muses a name and a body type and hobbies etc.

Picture Courtesy – As I could not find a suitable picture to go with my imagination, I have taken Bollywood Hearththrob Hrithik Roshan’s picture from one of the online sites, as he came closest to matching my imagination.




18 comments:

  1. Ha, I wouldn't kick him out of my writing space :) Hubba hubba. Daydreams here I come.

    Have a good weekend Rachna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This WAS a fun post. Hmm. Sporty, intellectual, and plays a musical instrument. I would guess a storyteller, too, right? After all, he IS your muse. He should be whispering story lines into your ear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought of my muse as a person. It's more of a mysterious telepathy that suggests the direction I should follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just described me! Yeah, just kidding.
    Mine has gone on holiday before. That's never fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. If my muse looked like that, I'd never get any work done. No, my muse is a cranky old lady who looks a bit like the wicked witch from The Wizard of Oz. She sits on my shoulder and nags me to get back to work. I can't get rid of her until I sit down at the computer. open the file for my wip, and start typing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good. I need to learn more about character sketch and character development.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not bad, Rachna! For a moment I thought I was reading a matrimonial ad:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. At first I thought Hrithik was your Muse. I wished I had one but now, I will have to think about it :)

    In terms of hobbies, I would definitely like someone with a good singing voice :) If I put it your way, the singer "Shaan" :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. My muse is female and flaky and she does take long holidays. I have to go and track her down ... or is that just an excuse to go travelling?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! If I had your muse, I wouldn't be able to get any work done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So how come my muse looks wimpy with wild hair? Where did I go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not given this much thought. I can see where it would be a good writing exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a good-looking muse. I have the distinct sensation I have a different muse for each book or that she changes per season, especially since I switch genres and have changed my writing habits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your choice. I can't think of anyone right now.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehehe yeah I would NOT mind if he was my muse and dropped by every now and then. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi friends, I agree with you all that with such a hottie as a muse, I seldom get any writing done. I think I need to get a new muse, who will be less of an distraction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Hot muse indeed Rachna! Loved your post, real fun.

    ReplyDelete