Whenever I read on any of my blog buddy’s blogs that they have read so many books in a month, trust me when I say that, I feel very envious. I wonder how do they manage to read so many books, work on their manuscripts, blog, attend to their sundry other chores, as well as manage their day jobs. I am sure like Ninja Captain Alex Cavanaugh, they all must be having secret superpowers which we all are unaware of. Sigh!Poor little me has to manage with my limited abilities.
My reading has taken a big hit in the last few months. Infact, this entire year I have read just a few books. And hardly any in the genre and age group I write.
I plan to read atleast a few books before this year ends. That’s why I have borrowed the first four books from the library, so that I have to read them fast.
1. The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I have heard so much about this book from many people. It’s on many agents wishlist. It has also been made into a movie.
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I want to read this book again. I have read it a very long time back.
3. I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella. I have been hearing a lot about this author and her Shopaholic novels.
4. Johnny Gone Down by Karan Bajaj. This book has been on my wishlist from ages. Thank God its small and I am sure I can finish it in a couple of days.
5. Broken Branch Falls by Tara Tyler. I won this book on Tara's blog and Tara paid a small fortune to courier it to me (it reached me three days back). And luckily for me it’s a Middle Grade Novel. I am eager to read it. Ever since I had seen it on Tara’s blog I was intrigued by it.
6. 5 to 1 by Holly Bodger. I won this book on Natalie Aguirre's blog Literary Rambles. Natalie is an angel in disguise. Infact, whenever she couriers a book to me, I feel extremely guilty about the money she spends to send the book to me. Natalie has raved about this book. I am super eager to read the book.
Which are the books you plan to read in the next few weeks? I would love to take a peep into your reading lists.