Friday, August 12, 2016

My Multitasking Responsibilities

This month I’m going to be super busy. I have a whole lot of books to read and review, starting with my amazing Critique Partner Mark Noce’s Historical Fiction ‘Between Two Fires,’ which will be releasing on 23rd August. Two Indian newspapers have already commissioned the review from me. I am super excited about this. Infact, the editor of the paper and I had a long chat about Mark’s book. She told me that in my review I can mention the fact that Mark is my critique partner and that I had read the book in its manuscript stage.

I am also working on a Ganesha and Kartikeya story (I have already plotted it, writing on foolscaps sheets really unleashes my creativity, I plotted the book super fast.) I have written around 13,000 words. It’s a story that takes place in 521 A.D. I am quite excited about it.

I am also trying to write a query letter and synopsis of another Middle Grade manuscript Scavage. I am also trying to research agents.

After taking part in few Twitter Pitch parties I have started writing short pitches for all my stories. These pitches help me to see my manuscripts in another light, from another angle. Here are the pitches for Scavage.

MEOW. WOOF.A slip of the tongue can get pampered cat princess masquerading as a stray dog into trouble with a wild pack of dogs.

To survive on the streets, cat princess Brunella turned into a stray dog Bruno, must kill other dogs without using dark magic.

To survive on the streets, Brunella a cat cursed to be a dog Bruno, must either kill the tattooed Rover dogs or be killed by them.

I am also reading a lot of books, across genres. Can you believe it I not just read a non-fiction book but also reviewed it for two newspapers?

With so much happening I haven’t had the time to work on my love-story (Forever Mine). If you all remember I had completed the first draft in two months (April and May) and had planned to get back to it in July after leaving it aside for the month of June. I was out of town thrice in July, hence I will be able to work on this book only by the third week of August.

How is August going for you all?
  


8 comments:

  1. I like that first pitch.
    That's awesome that you have papers waiting for your review of Mark's book. That will make him happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who better to review an author's book than a critique member who saw it develop from the germ of an idea to a finished product? Sounds to me as if you're perfect for the job.

    You do have a lot on your plate. Makes it hard to stick to a plan, doesn't it? My August is going the same way, so I sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lot. I was also doing too much, but now I'm focusing on one manuscript and putting the others on the back burner for a while. I stop myself to read and review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing could be more gratifying than keeping busy with things you love to do, Rachna:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are super busy with writing related projects, some that are paying. Yay! me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot! Woot! Thanks, Rachna for spreading the word for Between Two Fires in India:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful you've read the book in its many stages.

    It's been several days since I looked at my own. With 5, possible 6, books coming out from DLP by next March, I've been a bit busy with preparations.

    ReplyDelete